Madeline Arbutus (class ’22)
- Fall 2020 – present: Curatorial Assistant at the Center for Art, Design and Visual Culture, UMBC, Baltimore, Maryland
- Spring 2021: Research Assistant for Curator Margaret Re’s exhibition, A Designed Life, UMBC, Baltimore, Maryland
- Fall 2018-present: Production Manager and Circulation Chief at UMBC’s student-led newspaper, The Retriever
Anjelica Mansfield (class ’22)
- Fall 2018 – Fall 2020: Assistant Arts and Culture Editor for The Retriever — Wrote multiple articles reviewing theatre productions on and off-campus, oversaw the work of the Arts and Culture writers, and assisted the editor in editing and proofreading articles written and in executing the weekly writer meetings.
- Fall 2020 – Spring 2021: Reading Tutor for Amplify, Baltimore, MD. Provided three lessons per week to students in four different Baltimore City elementary schools to boost literacy skills.
Garrett Posey (class ’22)
- Spring 2019-present, Grit Guide for the UMBC Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Gave regularly scheduled black and gold tours to prospective students and their guests. Gave the honest perspective of a student who has lived on campus for a few years to help students find a home at UMBC.
- Summer 2013-present, Frederick City Parks and Recreation, Water Safety Instructor. Taught students, ages 3 – 16 years old, swimming strokes and water safety. Built connections with students to increase lesson retention and enjoyment of learning to swim. Worked with parents to ensure safety and confidence in the process.
Avnee Sharma (class ’23)
- Fall 2020-present, Residential Life Desk Receptionist – Responsible for monitoring the security of residents and guests and supporting students by allowing room access, mail collection, and renting available items.
Lexi Smith (class ’23)
- Fall 2020, Team Leader, UMBC Honors College’s Honors Forum 100. In this role, Lexi instructed and mentored a group of first year students as they worked toward their end-of-semester group project, She also graded students’ weekly essays.
- Summer 2019, Study Abroad Ambassador, Dawg Days Abroad. From Bristol, United Kingdom, Lexi’s responsibilities included capturing the trip through photos, maintaining a blog about the study abroad experience, and creating content for UMBC’s Instagram account, @umbclife.
Clair Volkening (class ’23)
- Fall 2020-Spring 2021, UMBC Writing Fellow. Clair works with English 100 students to assist with peer review, editing, and research.
Matthew Kelbaugh (class ’23)
- Spring 2021: Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for Sci 100
Sarah Nove (class ’24)
- Fall 2020: Reporter for the UMBC’s Retriever Weekly Arts and Culture section
Isabel Taylor (class ’24)
Fall 2020: Full-time Staff Columnist for Opinions, The Retriever
Spring 2021 – Present: Head Opinions Editor, The Retriever
Fall 2021 – Present: Circulation Assistant,The Retriever
Dillon Nesteruk (class ’24)
- Fall 2020: The Goddard School of Towson, Resource teacher. Dillon enforced Covid 19 guidelines between the parents, faculty and children, and kept all facets of the school sanitized. Supported teachers in the classroom and watched over children ages 1 to 6.