Kelly Wan (class ’18)
- 2015 – present Student Event Board (SEB) General member and Facebook Social Media Committee Chair for. Kelly volunteered for numerous weekly events as well as participating in the past spring semester’s Quadmania activities.
- 2014-present In the spring semester of 2016, Kelly served as the Co-Director of the SGA Communications and Outreach Department. Kelly joined the department her freshman year, actively participating in various projects. While serving in the department, she has formed many connections with other departments to promote their activities and events, such as the Prove It! campaign and last year’s SGA elections, and helped redesign the SGA website.
- 2014 -present Cleftomaniacs,UMBC’s premiere co-ed acapella group
She is now the President of Cleftos for the 2017-2018 academic year and is planning the concert and auditions for the upcoming fall semester. Kelly joined during Fall 2014, where she sings in the alto section. Kelly has performed multiple times with the group, on and off campus, and competed at the 2015, 2016, and 2017 ICCAs, International Championship of Collegiate Acapella, Quarterfinals at Johns Hopkins.
Anthony Alberti (class ’18)
- Summer 2016, University of Wales Trinity Saint David in Lampeter, Ceredigion, Wales Anthony took a 10 day creative writing program.
Mary Davis (class ’18)
- UMBC Club Soccer
Flora Kirk (class 18′)
- Summer 2017 , Archaeotek, Roman Villa Excavation, Romania – Month long excavation on a Roman Villa in Dacia, the ancient Roman province in modern-day Romania. The program covers material culture analysis, geophysical and geochemical survey techniques, associated hands-on laboratory and field training, a series of lectures covering Daco-Roman history and archaeology,
Austen Edelenbos (class ’19)
- Fall 2015, attended UMBC Democrats and Harbor Hall Community Council meetings
Sage Burch (class ’19)
- Fall 2015 – present, Writing Club Secretary
Caleb Campbell (class ’19)
- Spring 2016, Debate Team member
Helena Wachhaus (class ’19)
- October 2015 – present, Contributing Writer, Smite Magazine, GameOn – http://gameonmag.com/magazines/smite-community-magazine/ (monthly articles published in an online magazine writing about Smite, a game produced by HiRez Studios http://www.smitegame.com/ Articles include the histories of Mayan and Norse mythology to accompany game characters from these two pantheons.)
The article Nani wrote on the History of the Norse was included in the magazine’s “Best of” edition.
Jonathan Harness (class ’20)
- Spring 2017, Jonathan applied for and received permission to use the Center for Hellenic Studies library to work on a personal project looking at views of Homosexuality in the Bible in the larger context of ideas of sexuality through the Hellenistic and Late Roman world.